Tuesday, January 21, 2014


Hello bloggers!  NY is having another blistery winter day with snow and temperatures in the teens.  After working a full day it took me 5 hours to get home!  That's 5 hours of my life that I could have been sewing or quilting.  Oh how I want my quilt shop.  Anyway enough whining. Here is what I worked on this weekend.  I am trying to play catch up on my Around the Strip quilt I started a few months ago.  I was working on my mountain blocks and after a few hours my mountains were complete!  I don't think I will be making any more mountains anytime soon.  I am pleased with the outcome but first here are the pieces once they were all cut and organized.
Mountain pieces cut and ready to be sewn.



2 hours later 2 mountains were born!



Here is what I have so far.  Still have one row to go.  Have to add posies to my four patch row.  Have to add black sashing in between tree blocks and four patch row, add sashing to sides and finally a piano border.  I am about 85% complete on the quilt top!  I will be happy when it's all quilted because this one is ALL mine.





No comments:

Post a Comment