Friday, February 7, 2014

Hello Bloggers and TGIF!  Spring is officially 40 days away but with all this snow and freezing weather we have been having in New York its hard to think Spring.  This past Wednesday we got over a foot of snow and which made it impossible for me to go to work.  Literally being snowed in meant only one thing for me, SEW TIME - YAY!!!!  So determined to think Spring I decided to pull out some Bali Pops I purchased about 2 years ago with beautiful Spring colors.  Not really knowing what to make with these strips I remembered I have been recently looking at Jelly Roll quilts and decided to go for it.



I sewed all the strips together as I had seen in tutorials and couldn't believe how easy and fun this was. Every time I added another strip my eyes lit up with the beautiful color combination I saw forming in front in front of my eyes.  I just wanted to keep going so I could see the grand result.  If you have trouble putting colors together buy a jelly roll or bali pop and you will have a beautiful quilt with little effort.


This was the result and I am totally in love with it and plan on making more!  If you haven't made a Jelly Roll quilt I strongly recommend making one.  The result is beautiful!  Now to find the perfect backing fabric and prepare to send it off to my long arm quilter! Yay for me and I did it in a few hours! Talk about an easy, fun and quick quilt to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment