Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Tuesday Bloggers!  It's sew cold in NY.  It was 2 degrees this morning when I left for work but the good thing is we didn't get the 8-12 inches they had anticipated we would get yesterday so for that I am grateful.  Weather like this just makes me want to stay home and sew my little fingers away.  This weekend I worked on another bali strip quilt I was commissioned to make for a co-worker of mine.  He loved the purple bali quilt (See my posting on Feb7th) I made sew much he wanted one for himself in manly colors of course.  I helped with the fabric choice and he loved the River Rocks Bali Strips.  I am hooked on making this style quilt now.  The top goes together in about an hour and a half and the results are stunning.  I will be adding borders to his but I have to go hunting for border fabric to match as well as flannel backing as my client requested.   Here are the results so far.  I love it and sew did he!

After taking a picture of the bali strip quilt I realized I had made my son a quilt about 3 years ago with very very similar colors.  Sew I put them together and WOW!  I love the two together.  Sew yes that means I will be making another one exactly like this for my son.  



No comments:

Post a Comment