Monday, July 22, 2013



Hey bloggers!  Has everyone been busy sewing this summer?  I have been working on several different projects miraculously in between going to work, doing housework, doing yard work and trying to enjoy summer vacation with the kids.  I was so busy I didn't get to post my pics from last weekend so here they are.  So my big news is I decided to enter my first quilt contest.  It is the Grand Central Terminal Quilt Contest in celebration of Grand Central Stations 100 Year Anniversary here in NYC.  I figured since I am a native New Yorker and I work across this beautiful landmark I just had to enter it.  I visited the City Quilter (the only quilt shop in NYC) to pick up some NYC fabric to use in my quilt.  Here is what I came home with.  The 4 fabrics on the far right were specifically designed by City Quilter and must be used in the quilt. The others I just bought to see how I will use them if at all. If you would like more details on the contest just go to www.cityquilter.com




Here is a sneak peak of one of my blocks I will use in my Grand Central Terminal Quilt.
It's pretty cool to see my blocks coming together off of a sketch I did on a piece of paper and transforming into actual quilt blocks.  This is my first time really designing something on paper and doing all the math myself.  Good thing I like math!

I made this mini quilt that can be used as a table runner or wall hanging using my large twister ruler.  I love this ruler.  I can't wait to make a whole quilt with it.  I will be selling this at my Fall Craft Show this year. 
 It measures 23x31.
 

Here is the back of the large twister mini quilt. You can see the quilting. I shadowed all the twisters as I need much needed practice with FMQ.


I decided to use some of the NYC fabric I purchased for my quilt and made these cool kitchen towels.  I will be making these as well as other NYC themed items to sell at my craft shows this year.  Thought it would be a cute keepsake for those visiting NY.



I finally finished putting together my tulip blocks into a row.  Although they were a little painsaking for me I do love the way it came out.  So what projects is everyone working on?  Anyone do craft shows?  Would love some tips, tricks and advice.  This year is my second year participating so I am sure there is much more too learn although people were very impressed with my booth and items I had for sale.  Looking for some Fall ideas if anyone will care to share. I have 2 shows before Thanksgiving and need to make Fall stuff. I have plenty of Christmas items although I will be making different things to add to my inventory.   Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment