Monday, July 1, 2013

Quick Little Project!

Hello bloggers! I haven't had too much sewing time lately dealing with house chores and other...well lets just say...STUFF but I did manage to make a cute table runner for my new antique sewing machine.  It just looked sew plain sitting atop of my cabinet I felt it needed something pretty to lay on.  After pulling out some charm squares I purchased a few years ago from ebay I decided to make Half Square Triangles. I love the browns and pinks together!  I found the border and backing fabric also in my statsh and with left over pieces of batting from other projects I finished this half square triangle runner.  I really love the way it turned out and the best part is I didn't have to spend a dime, although you don't have to twist my arm to go shopping for more fabric.  I do love shopping in my fabric statsh and finding great combinations in my own closet!  See sew all that extra yardage of fabric does eventually come in handy!   I wish the pics came out a little better.  Doesn't pick up the true colors of the runner but you get the idea!

What's the fastest project you've every come up with and for what occassion?



My antique sewing machine seems to love it!

Here is a pic with flash but the fabric came out too light in this pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment