Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tumbler Quilt in Progress

Happy Thursday!  It's finally going to feel like late Spring early summer here in NY with a high expected of 88 degrees. NY'ers are saying "well it's about time" especially after having a cold and wet Memorial Day weekend.  Last night I finished sewing the 10" tumblers I am making into a quilt for one of my great nephews.  I just love the fabric!  I purchased a Layer Cake which had 25, 10" blocks.  The fabric name is Peak hour by Kellie Wulfsohn for Riley Blake.  I just love the colors and the tumbler quilts are one of my favorites to make because they go together sew quickly and easily and they look great.  This is however, the first time I am making 10" tumblers.  The 10" tumbler ruler is great because there is very minimal waste of fabric and the precuts in the Layer Cake sure does make things go even faster!  I now have to go in search of matching fabric for the borders and backing. Hmmm what color border should I add?  Oh gee I am forced to go buy fabric. :)  I just wanted to share what I was working on.  One of my favorite things about quilting is all the eye candy there is to see and the best part is it is all fat free and sugar free!! Just seems like a win win situation, wouldn't you all agree?...lol 

What is your favorite pattern??  I would love to hear from you all and of course see pics of your favorite pattern or quilt you have made.  In the meantime I am working on posting for my next gift giveaway for Father's Day sew stay tuned!  Happy quilting!



No comments:

Post a Comment